Are you planning to start a blog in order to promote your business, products, or services? Or perhaps you’ve already started your blog but want to learn how to make it even more effective. There are many different benefits of using a blog as part of your content marketing strategy to attract more business from the web, but these are the top three benefits that will help you get started on the right foot and keep you motivated along the way.
Stand Out From the Competition
Blogs are an effective and powerful form of digital marketing that can be used to attract more business. They’re also an excellent way for business owners to grow their reputation as thought leaders in their industry by sharing valuable content with their audience. Through blogs, businesses owners can also rank higher on search engine results pages (SERPs) because there’s more content on the site and it is all highly relevant. Plus, by using blog posts as an SEO tool, companies have an easy way to track the success or failure of keywords and phrases that they use, which will give them new insights into what topics resonate with potential customers the most.
Save Money on Marketing
If you want to save money on marketing, blogging is one way you can do so. You can use your blog as a digital marketing tool, which will help you build your credibility and become a thought leader in the industry. When people search for your product or service, they are more likely to come across your business if it’s been mentioned in the media. This is because there is a higher chance that someone looking for what you offer has seen something about it on the internet. Finally, this strategy will also help with SEO because when people read about your business and what it offers, they are more likely to click on your website when researching your products or services (or both).
1) Thought Leader – This is one of the most important benefits. As you build credibility as a thought leader and attract more followers, you’ll also build credibility with potential clients who are interested in your expertise.
2) Digital Marketing – A blog offers an inexpensive way to market your business online. The great thing about blogging is that you can easily publish new posts, which gives you another opportunity to promote your business and grow your audience. There are many ways for people searching for products and services like yours to find your blog through search engines like Google or Bing, social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram, or other sites that share content from blogs such as Pinterest.
Help With Lead Generation
Blogs are one of the best tools for generating leads. If you blog, your potential customers will be able to find you, which is why blogging should be an important part of your lead generation strategy.
1) You’ll get more business by reaching out directly to interested prospects.
2) You can speak directly with potential customers and answer their questions before they buy anything from you.
3) People who read blogs are 2x as likely to make a purchase than people who don’t read them.
4) A blog allows you to increase the number of visitors coming into your site and it’s easier for search engines to find your content.
Increase Brand Awareness
Starting a blog is an effective way to build your brand and increase the number of customers that you have. Social media has made it easier than ever for people to share content, so if you’re consistent with your blog posts, then you’ll be able to increase brand awareness. One way is by responding to comments on social media posts or by mentioning them in future blog posts. Another way is through guest posting on other blogs in order to expand your reach. Guest blogging can work well because other bloggers are usually interested in having new voices contribute their ideas and perspectives. This will help bring more visitors back onto your site who are interested in learning more about what you have to offer.
Improve SEO Ranking
1) Providing Valuable Content: Creating great content that aligns with what your potential customers are searching for will increase the likelihood that they come across your blog. Many people associate SEO rankings with keywords and backlinks– but that’s only half the battle. Make content that resonates and helps your audience and when you have accomplished that, you can focus on the more technical aspects of SEO.
2) Increased Website Traffic: A typical website is usually comprised of approximately 6-10 pages. A home page, an about page, a list of products and services, a contact page, and maybe even a page that showcases your latest projects. By just having those pages, you limit your ability to be searched on Google because there are only 6-10 pages that you can be found from. When you post blogs, the more you post, the more chances you have to come up in search results. Think about the last time you were searching for information on a specific topic and you end up on a company’s site to read the information. That’s successful content marketing because it is guaranteed they sell something that is associated with the content you just consumed.
3) Better Search Engine Rankings: When you create content regularly, Google’s algorithm favours your page over other webpages that are not as active. The more people that come to your website, read and interact with your content– the more Google recognizes it as reputable content. On top of that, if another website includes a link to your webpage that already has a great reputation with Google, it can increase your credibility and in turn your ranking in searches. A simple Google search can identify what people want to read and you can use that information to create your next post.
Content marketing is a powerful way to establish your business online. Your website is a centralized hub that displays all your information to the world. If you want to sell more, have customers find your company, nurture your potential audience– then content of any sort can help you. You can focus on articles, videos, photos, and or infographics to be more present online. The goal is to be first of mind when someone needs to buy your product and service and the way to do that is to be consistent online.
At Mediable, we help you with content marketing strategies and writing. If you are thinking of developing a blog for your business– we are here to help each step of the way.
Call us at 519-324-8786 today!